new version of chief architect x5 to be released soon
Chief Architect has just posted a video peek at the new features that will be available in the upcoming X5 Premier version, which they expect to release in Fall 2012.
Some of the new or improved features in Chief Architect X5 include:
- shadow boards and ridge caps (finally!)
- greater customization of railings
- auto corner boards and quoins
- new auto dimension tools and options
- plan display of door and window casings
- complex cabinet door configurations
- automatic catalog updates
- PDF file import
- callout labels for cameras
- progressive raytracing and better control of raytrace settings
- improved walkthrough tools, including keyframes.
The upgrade to X5 is automatic for anyone with Chief Architect’s SSA support package.
Chief Architect has been my modeling software of choice for the past 5 years, and this looks like a nice set of improvements and new features.
UPDATE 8/15/2012: X5 Beta was released to current SSA subscribers today. check your digital locker if you’re a Chief Architect subscriber.
LIKE OUR BLOG? VISIT OUR WEBSITE, CASTLEVIEW3D.COM, FOR MORE 3D DELICIOUSNESS!