Posted by Kathleen Moore, CastleView 3D | Like CastleView 3D on Facebook
New Chief Architect X5 training book
I just received word from author Terry Munson that his newest Chief Architect book, “Residential Design Using Chief Architect X5,” is now available. Here’s Terry’s description of the book:
This much-awaited book is finally available. Why did it take so long? Because it has been rewritten and revamped.
At the request of readers, the book now includes a comprehensive index. A new Quick Start chapter has been added, which quickly shows the power of Chief Architect X5 while the reader creates a vacation cabin plan. A Workbook is included where you can practice and enhance the skills taught throughout the book. All the new features added to version X5 are highlighted throughout the book.
The biggest feature, however, is the beautiful and modern 2-story with basement residence that the reader will design/draw from start to finish throughout the book. Anyone would be proud to own such a home. You will see how easy it is to make your dream a possibility using Chief Architect X5’s 3D home design software.
- Finding your way around the Chief Architect X5 interface
- Managing your drawing projects
- Creating the building shell
- Developing and working with stairs, roofs, decks, and cabinets
- Adding a stepped foundation and applying a monolithic slab to the garage
- Adding electrical and lighting
- Creating a site plan and developing the terrain
- Creating working drawings
- Creating color renderings for design presentations
- Exploring your model in real time using walkthroughs and orbiting tools
- Learn how to effectively use layers, layer sets, annotation sets, and text styles
- Developing schedules
- Dimensioning and text
- Learn the new functions added to X5, including roof ridge caps, progressive ray tracing, running dimensions, walkthrough path, auto NKBA elevation dimensions, and much more
The book, which includes a DVD containing a color PDF of the entire book (great for searching on your computer), the Workbook, and all of the necessary working files, sells for $49.95.
If you’ve seen any of Terry’s previous books (this is his FIFTH!), you know how clear, detailed, and easy to follow his writing style is. Even a seasoned Chief Architect user like me learned many new and helpful things from Terry’s X4 book — I keep it next to my desk as a handy reference.