Posted by Kathleen Moore, CastleView 3D:
Haven’t you always wanted to go to 3D camp?
Here’s a great opportunity for anyone interested in 3D technology: the upcoming 3D Camp in Houston, Texas on September 29th. The event includes a variety of speakers and even an art show. In addition to the interesting information sessions, this conference is a great opportunity to network with like-minded folks, share ideas, and explore opportunities. Offered at the University of Houston, the registration fee of only $15 includes breakfast and lunch.
Topics on the agenda are wide-ranging:
- Design Visualization: The Process of Visualization + Digital Design in Architecture
- Building Information Modeling (BIM) for Healthcare Architecture
- A Cast of Thousands – Expanding your creative reach with Poser and Daz Studio
- 3D Art – Fabric to Frankenstein
- Bridging the Gap Between the Traditional and Digital Sculpture Studio
- Digital Sculpting and Anatomy
- Hollywood 3D Props
- iPhone Game Development
- Basic Character Rigging
- Introduction to 3D Photography
- Medical Illustration and Animation
It sounds like you can learn a lot at this camp, as well as meeting interesting, like-minded folks and making some great connections in the field.
I encourage you to encourage anyone you know in the Houston area who’s interested in graphic design, animation, architecture, engineering, or the arts to attend this cool event, because 3D is definitely where the fields of design and architecture are headed. The conference registration link is here.
Doesn’t 3D Camp sound like fun? Wish I could attend, but alas, it’s over 1500 miles away. If you go, or if you attended the previous event in 2009, please leave a comment and let us know what you got out of it.